■ HAPPENING NOW: Japanese-Jewish Food? NY's Newest Cuisine
Japanese-Jewish food: it’s the creation of a new food genre, and it’s happening in South Williamsburg, at the end of a narrow street beside a tiny park, inside a dimly-lit nook of a spot.
The name: Shalom Japan
. And its latest creation is its Matzo Ball Ramen Soup.
A steaming, bubbly…
A big thank you and I love you to ah-rihanna, isabellita, and the city of New York for a wonderful week of fun.
I’m excited to return to school, but you will be dearly missed. Goodbye big apple, until we meet again (:
Things I like about NY so far:
1. Flavors of Manhattan (and other burroughs)
2. Red brick buildings and fire escapes
3. The way air conditioners peek out their behinds from windows
4. Seemingly well-meaning cat calls
5. Forward men and complimentary drinks
6. Lively spirits abound, even at well past midnight
7. Breathing in at Central Park